September 16, 2017

Gnana yajna mee

Song sung by Shri. G. Balakrishna Prasad

Gnana yajna mee gathi mokshasadhanamu
nanaarthamulu ninne nadape maa gurudu

An oblation of knowledge is the way to salvation
Only yesterday my Guru conducted and showed me the method.

alari dEhamanEti yAgaSAlalona
baluvai agnAnapu paSuvunu bandhinchi
kalasi vairAgyapu kattula gOsi kOsi
velaya jnAnAgnilO vEliche mA guruDu

In an oblation area called this body
Tie that strong animal called ignorance
Slay it again and again with knives of detachment
And this my Guru offered in the glowing fire of knowledge

mOkkuchu vaiShNavulanE munisaBa gUDapeTTi
chokkuchu SripAda teertha sOma pAnamunu ninchi
chakkagA sankeertana sAma gAnamunu chEsi
yikkuvatO yagnamu sEinche bO mA guruDu

To a gathering of vaishnava bhaktas in the court of saints....With joy offer them the drinks of His Holy Feets sacred water
Entertain them with the songs of SAma veda
My master performed such an oblation in the prescribed way.

tadiyya guru prasAdampu purODAsa michchi
kodadeera dvayamanu kunDalambulu veTTi
yedalO Sri vEnkaTESu nitu pratyakshamu chEse
yidivO swarUpadeeksha yichchenu mA guruDu

My Guru gave his blessing which is my sacred residue of the oblation
He wore the two sacred mantras in his earrings to his hearts content.
With vision of Sri Venkata in his heart
See..My master gave me that Self-Realization knowledge!


No comments:

Post a Comment