October 16, 2014

nigama nigamAnta


In this touching song Annamaiah finds fault with his lord saying that he is pushed into the mire of worldly entanglements due to the Maya of the Almighty.

P
nigama nigamAnta varNita manOhara roopA
nagarAja dharuDA Sree nArAyaNA ||

Oh Narayana,the Vedas and the Vedic philosophy extole your fascinating form.You lifted the Govardhana mountain.

C 1
deepinchu vairAgya divya soukhyambiyya
nOpaka kadAnannu noDabaruchu
paipaine sansAra bandhamula gaTTEvu
nA paluku chellunA nArAyaNa ||

You are reluctant to bestow me with the happiness of renunciation. You are binding me in the worldly bonds. Oh Narayana,will my appeals ever reach you?

C 2
cheekAku paDina nA chtta SAntamu sEya
lEkanA neevu bahu leela nannu
kAku sEsedavu bahu karmamula baDu vAru
nA koladi varAla nArayaNa ||

When I lost peace of mind due to disgust, You are confusing me with your leelas(sports). Are others entangled in various karmas comparable to me?

C 3
vividha nirbandhamula veDala drOyaka nannu
bhava sAgaramula taDa baDa jEtuvA
divijEndra vandya sree tiru venkaTAdreeSa
nava neeta chora Sree nArAyaNa ||

Instead of pulling me out of the entanglements, You are confusing me. Oh Sree Venkateswara,Oh Narayana the butter thief, You are adored by Indra the king of Devatas.

No comments:

Post a Comment