October 15, 2014

nagavulu nijamani




Annamaiah expresses his feelings in a philosophic mood in this song. He wants his mind not to be after temptations and desires. He says that the consequences of previous births follow us and one should realize and reform himself. He requests his mind not to waver but to think of Sri Venkatapati only.

P
nagavulu nijamani nammEda ogina naDi yASalu vaddana vE ||

Are these smiles true? Reject the temptations. ||

C1
tolliTi karmamu dontala nunDaga chella bOyika jEsEdA
yella lOkamulu yElETi dEvuDa olla nolla nika vaddanavE||

Consequences of karmas of previous births are in plenty. Why do you add more? You rule the entire universe, Oh God! Reject all the evil, oh my mind.

C2
pOyina janmamu porugula nunDaga cheeyanaka indu jela gEdA
vEyi nAmamula vennuDa mAyalu Oyayya nikka noddana vE ||

Consequences of previous birth are with me. Why not hate it, why do I indulge again in evil? Oh my Venkatesa, you have thousand names. Enough is your maya (sport).

C2
nali neenAmamu nAlika nunDaga tala koni itaramu daDavEdA
balu Sree vEnkaTa pati ninnu golichi voluku chenchalamu loddanavE ||

When your name is on my tongue, why do I crave for other things? I pray to you Venkatapati. Let me not waver.

No comments:

Post a Comment